Technical Project Manager【Virtustream】Tokyo, Japan 07/05/2019
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
The culture here at Virtustream is entrepreneurial, driven and exciting. Being at the forefront of cloud technology means we adapt to change rapidly. This makes for an exciting and dynamic work environment. We are always on the lookout for ways to improve through automation and we provide you the autonomy for finding better ways to do things. See something that you think would work better a different way, tell us and we support the next steps.
The professional Services PMO in Virtustream provides project management leadership services in building and operating world class cloud infrastructure for Virtustream customers. The Professional Services PMO drives the achievement of a number of key goals including nimbleness, speed to market, security, and reliability. The Sr. Project Manager (Technical) will lead projects and programmes from inception to closure, and ensures that business goals of client engagements are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters.
In this position, he/she will lead the planning and implementation of more than one project; manage project scope, schedule, budget, communications, and tasks for projects. He/she is expected to provide input into the Sales cycles of potential opportunities and then lead the technical project staff which is brought together for the duration of projects, and work with resource managers of the technical teams to ensure resources are managed appropriately. He/she will need to function independently with little to no supervision or guidance.
- Works in tandem with customers, internal executive sponsors, stakeholders, and technical team managers to achieve business goals by leading multiple small to medium sized cloud and infrastructure projects or a large scale programmes with defined beginning and end.
- Partners with project sponsor to define project objectives, scope, schedule, and budget. Establishes project charter, plan and level of effort, including success criteria.
- Leads the development, implementation and execution of multiple (or large scale) project plans; ensures scope, schedule, and budget are established and met; defines project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Builds and maintains programme/project roadmap for projects with long duration.
- Leads project meetings, activities, tasks, and manages technical project team members to ensure project objectives are achieved within prescribed timeframe and budget. Assesses project risks and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction levels.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate business and technical objectives and issues as they relate to project.
- Reviews, evaluates, formulates and executes project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Tracks and executes project progress with respect to baselined time, budget and target versus actuals.
- Communicates progress to customers, internal executive sponsors, stakeholders, and managers, and revises schedules as required.
- Negotiates with customers, staff and outside vendors as required.
- Applies effective project management and control techniques.
- Recommends changes to the project approach consistent with achieving broader goals.
- Provides input to and may assist in preparation of technical staff performance evaluations.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and guidance to project team members and others.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Successful leadership/management experience
- Demonstrable end-to-end delivery of complex programmes
- Global delivery experience
- Business acumen and clear understanding of cloud model
- Solid knowledge and experience in computing infrastructure & deployment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Japanese and English)
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong change management skills and ability to influence others
- Bachelor’s degree in computing technology related fields (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, MIS) or equivalent work experience is required
- At least 7 years of IT and consulting experience, including 2+ years of managing IT technical projects
- Be able to travel when necessary for both domestic and international locations
- Project/Programme Management/PMP Certification is required.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Job Family: Virtustream Job ID: R82298
Related Job Opportunities
- Cloud Partner Manager 【Virtustream】 Multiple Locations
- Presales & Solution Architect Lead - Japan Tokyo, Japan