Platform PM 【Virtustream】Tokyo, Japan 04/23/2019
Platform PM 【Virtustream】
Cloud Platform Operations PMO in Virtustream provides project management leadership services in building and operating world-class IaaS cloud for Virtustream customers. Platform Operations organization drives the achievement of a number of key goals including nimbleness, speed to market, security, and reliability. The Consultant, Technical Platform Project Manager will lead projects from inception to closure and ensures that business goals of customer installs, DR tests, operational projects or security compliance remediation projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters.
In this position, he/she will lead the planning and implementation of multiple platform projects and manage project scope, schedule, budget, communications, and tasks. He/she is expected to create project plans and manage to the plans, lead technical project staff which is brought together for the duration of projects, and work with technical resource managers to ensure resources & tasks are managed appropriately.
He/she will need to function independently with little to no supervision or guidance.
- Work in tandem with customers, internal executive sponsors, stakeholders, and technical team managers to achieve business goals by leading multiple, small to medium sized IaaS projects or a large-scale IaaS project with defined beginning and end.
- Partner with project sponsors to define project objectives, scope, schedule, and budget. Establish project charter, plan & level of effort, including success criteria.
- Lead the development, implementation & execution of multiple project plans; ensure scope, schedule, and budget are established and met; define project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Build and maintain program/project roadmap for projects with long duration.
- Lead project meetings, activities, tasks, and manage technical project team members to ensure project objectives are achieved within prescribed timeframe and budget. Assess project risks and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction levels.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate business and technical objectives and issues as they relate to projects.
- Review, evaluate, formulate and execute project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Track and execute project progress with respect to the baselined time, budget and target versus actuals.
- Communicate progress to customers, internal executive sponsors, stakeholders, and managers, and revises schedules as required.
- Negotiate with customers, staff and outside vendors as required.
- Apply effective project management and control techniques.
- Recommend changes to the project approach consistent with achieving broader goals.
- Provide input to and may assist in the preparation of technical staff performance evaluations.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and guidance to project team members and others.
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
- Successful first line leadership/management experience or equivalent experiences
- Business acumen and clear understanding of cloud computing
- Solid knowledge and experience in computing infrastructure & deployment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong change management skills and ability to influence others
- Bachelor’s degree in computing technology fields (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems, etc.) or equivalent work experience is required
- At least 8 years of IT experience, including 2+ years of managing IT technical projects
- Be able to travel when necessary for both domestic and international locations
- PMP / CSM Certifications are plus
- Experience in creating project plans & WBS using Microsoft Project software
- General knowledge of cloud computing infrastructures such as data center, computing servers, storage arrays and networking concepts like routers, switches, OSI, DNS, and TCP/IP
- General knowledge of virtualization technology like vSphere, vCenter & VLAN
- Experience in using Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of any OS a definite plus
Related Job Opportunities
- Presales & Solution Architect Lead - Japan Tokyo, Japan
- Consultant, Services Project/Program Management (I9) Tokyo, Japan