Big Data and IOT Solutions Architect (Remote)Toronto, Ontario, Remote - Arizona, United States;Remote - Arkansas, United States;Remote - Colorado, United States;Remote - Connecticut, United States (NY Metro);Remote - Delaware, United States;Remote - District of Columbia, United States;Remote - Florida, United States;Remote - Georgia, United States;Remote - Illinois, United States;Remote - Jersey;Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - All Other);Remote - Massachusetts, United States;Remote - Michigan, United States;Remote - Minnesota, United States;Remote - New Hampshire, United States;Remote - New Jersey, United States;Remote - New York, United States (All Other);Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro);Remote - North Carolina, United States;Remote - Ohio, United States;Remote - Oklahoma, United States;Remote - Oregon, United States;Remote - Pennsylvania, United States;Remote - Rhode Island, United States;Remote - South Carolina, United States;Remote - Tennessee, United States;Remote - Texas, United States;Remote - Vermont, United States;Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - Alexandria, Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William);Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - All Other);Remote - Washington, United States 05/03/2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Solutions Architect will have the ability to lead architectural efforts for any customer, regardless of size and scope. As part of an enterprise planning team, the Big Data Solutions Architect possesses the knowledge of business requirements as well as an understanding of the many disciplines that make up modern Big Data architectures.
- Provide thought leadership as a senior member of the technical staff in the Big Data and Analytics group
- Work and collaborate with other members of cross-functional teams and business groups on company-wide data intelligence programs
- Act as a subject matter expert on Big Data, business intelligence & advanced analytics within the company
- Directly contribute to development of Big Data architecture standards that are important to Dell EMC. Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives, without appreciable direction
- Write functional detailed design specifications as well as responding to requirement documents and system level plans. Significant contributor to organizational goals and objectives
- Lead design, architecture and building of data analytics solutions. Create proposed data design changes/suggestions to processes, exert significant latitude in determining objectives of an assignment
- Independently represent data intelligence and analytics programs, their relevance and expectations to senior staff. Collaborate with leaders from cross-functional teams and business groups that have an affinity to data intelligence
- Experience architecting, building and administering large-scale distributed applications using Hadoop
- Knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem Components not limited to Hive, Yarn, Hbase, Spark and Kafka, Sentry
- System Admin experience (RedHat 6 and RedHat 7)
- Experience with RedHat Satellite Server
- Experience with Ansible, Ansible Tower, Salt Stack
- Experience with Hadoop Administration and Configuration
- 7-10 years relevant professional experience / Bachelor’s degree (technical degree); or professional equivalence.
- Experience with Virtualized, Cloud environment
Good to Have:
- Scripting using Python, shell etc.
- Experience with managing configuring CISCO servers, Networking, Firewalls (Paloalto/ Panoroma)
- Experience working in DataCenter
- Experience with programming/scripting, statistical analysis, database, ETL and programming languages like /R used in predictive analytics. Expert skills in data visualization and design
- Industry certifications in Big Data, data intelligence & analytics, data science, data governance
Dell Canada Inc. (“Dell”) is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Dell will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and you need accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply now! Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job Family: Remote Professional-Services Job ID: R59328
Related Job Opportunities
- Asset Management Customer On-boarding Lead - U.S. Remote with 25% -50% travel Texas
- Senior Asset Management Customer On-boarding Specialist - U.S. Remote with 25% - 50% travel Multiple Locations
- Account Executive, Commercial Sales (Remote: Greater Philadelphia Area) Multiple Locations