Director, Public Sector Sales, Canada - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Toronto,Ontario
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities
The Sales Director. Public Sector, Canada reporting to the VP, Country Manager, Canada is a position that is responsible for leading a team of Account Executives within the Federal and Ontario public sector markets in addition to providing strategy and through leadership for our national public sector business as well. You will be responsible for building, developing and managing an experienced sales team and acting as the front-line executive for VMware in this business segment. You will also be part of the Canadian leadership team and responsible for helping build and execute the national Go-To-Market strategy.
You will have the ability to build a complex territory strategy, targeting and adapted to the public sector business, to ensure achievement of both short and long-term goals, objectives and quotas for the sales managers and their teams
You will generally split time 50 – 50 between managing a team and customer interfacing calls.
Works closely with their extended sales team (including, but not limited to SE Manager, PSO Manager, Inside Sales Manager, Channel Manager, Recruiting, etc.) to generate new business opportunities
- Minimum 4 to 8 years in managing quota carrying sales teams with demonstrated achievement, with an emphasis on Canadian Federal and/or Ontario public sector.
- Experience working with and delivering cloud and SaaS based solutions
- Experience managing quota and delivering forecasts
- Proven ability to coach for both short and long-term results
- Proven ability to enroll both the core and your extended team in your long-term strategy.
- Proven approach to manage both under-performing and high-performing employees.
- We are interested in individuals who embody our EPIC2 values: Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Experience managing complex deal shaping (software, hardware, services, partner, customer overhead, etc.)
- Do you have a history of strong relationship building with customers and channel partners?
- Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team - Analyzes available data and makes decisions which are best for VMware
- Education/Experience - BA/BS degree or higher
Preference is given to Ottawa-based candidates but all Ontario-based candidates will be considered.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Travel: 50%+ of the time
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2111406