Manager - Tanzu Platform Integration - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Toronto,Ontario
Leading a world class team.
Come join VMware’s new and exciting Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) team, made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers' entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
As a part of the Tanzu portfolio within VMware, Developer and Application program is working on creating next gen solutions for application developers using Kubernetes while helping platform operators to keep operating their infrastructure using proven VMware stack.
Platform engineering team is working on foundational features for bringing our next gen vision for Develop and Application experience to life for VMware Tanzu.
- You will lead, grow and motivate a highly talented, diverse, world-class performance engineering team building these and related products.
- The team is globally distributed, and you should be aware of the challenges of managing in that environment, and that the relationship you have with your direct reports is the key to employee retention and success at all levels.
- You will work with Product Managers and other engineering teams to drive the product team to succeed.
- An understanding of the technologies the team is working with would serve you well in day-to-day interactions with the team and you would have the opportunity to grow and maintain your knowledge in these areas.
You will have the opportunity to drive new initiatives forward across organization as practices continue to evolve.
We know from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. You should apply regardless of your self-assessment, because we want to hear from you.
- Experience working/leading/managing on a globally distributed team across multiple time zones.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Mentoring junior and mid-level developers.
- Willingness to explain the team vision and relate it to your direct reports.
- Experience managing career development (and employee expectations).
Nice to haves:
- Experience managing teams building large scale distributed systems.
- An understanding of how best to use resources to balance both team health and corporate goals.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Product Dev Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2101266