Partner Solution Architect - Canada
Primary Location: Toronto,Ontario
Partner Solution Architect – Canadian Strategic Partners
At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our software forms a digital foundation that powers the apps, services and experiences that are transforming the world.
Are you looking to become a member of a talented team and help transform the technology landscape? If so, we would love to hear from you!
The Americas Partner Technical Organization inspires and empowers partners to thrive through outcome-oriented interactions and collaboration. We currently have an excellent opportunity within our Partner Solution Engineering organization for an experienced Partner Solution Architect (PSA) to join our team.
The Partner Solutions Architect (PSA) will strategically engage with VMware partners to help them build, activate, sustain, and grow VMware solution practices. The PSA will provide deep architectural expertise and guidance in VMware solution portfolio, act as a trusted technical advisor to VMware partners, and focus on business outcomes.
PSAs will focus on winning the hearts and minds of partner CTO, Practice Leader, Solution Architect and Delivery resources to positively influence capacity, capability, deployment, and consumption related to VMware. You are required to have strong technical depth in at least one area (VMware Cloud Foundation, VMware Cloud on AWS, or Digital Workspace).
*This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive executive commitment and Practice Build outcomes with Partner CTO and Practice Leaders
- Co-Create Partner Value Proposition with VMware Solutions, based on the business needs of the customer and partner
- Co-Innovate with partners by advising and collaborating for customer solutions and technical architecture validation
- Leverage strong knowledge of designing end-to-end solutions approaches encompassing products, services, processes, based on customers’ requirements
- Engage with the partner to build and execute a solution practice, accelerate accreditations, certifications, and deployments/consumption
- Work closely with technical teams and regional sales leaders to deliver business outcomes for Infrastructure solutions (systems mgmt., storage architectures, business continuity, and advanced networking), Digital Workspace, Security and Cloud Solutions
- Support next-generation services partner recruitment efforts
- Collaborate with Partner Development Managers and marketing teams to drive partner sales and exceed partnership revenue goals
- Provide deep architectural expertise and guidance in the VMware solution portfolio and leverage knowledge to communicate VMware’s value proposition
- Increase partner services adoption, capability, capacity, deployments, and consumption of VMware solutions by ensuring partners attain services competencies
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Infrastructure architecture experience with significant depth around building, implementing, and managing critical cross-functional integration projects
- Extensive architectural skills dealing with infrastructure solutions such as systems management, business continuity, advanced networking, storage architectures, cloud solutions, and programming experience
- Recent experience with design, implementation & support of IaaS, PaaS and/or SaaS
- Experienced and credible C-suite advisor with strong customer/partner relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated experience in evangelizing new product / solution technologies at or before market introduction
- Ability to guide customers/partners on organizational requirements to develop a datacenter or cloud practice to deliver professional services solutions
- Demonstrated ability to provide impactful knowledge exchange through mentoring, workshops, partner engagements and official training forums
- Demonstrated technical community leadership in capturing, developing, and sharing IP with the community at large as well as specific individuals to raise competencies
- Proven track record of selling solutions including consulting services
- Ability to see & present "the big picture" through strong listening & question-based selling skills
- Effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to uncover business challenges & recommend solutions to solve those challenges
- Experience leading a multi-discipline team project
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, are required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Solutions Architect
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2103842