Senior Pre Sales Solutions Expert - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Toronto,Ontario
The Solutions Expert (SE) will provide support to the VMware Sales Teams, Customers, and Channel Partners in pursuit to modernize applications, multi-cloud data-centers, virtual cloud networking, digital workspaces, and intrinsic security. You are expected to help accelerate and close business within a geographic territory or defined set of accounts.
You should be a self-starter to build out and pursue customer relationships. Typical duties include creating customized onsite demonstrations; assisting customers and partners with product evaluations and product feature/benefit discussions; assisting with solution designs and/or proposal development and responses; and enabling VMware Partners. The SE will be expected to start with a minimum of strong knowledge of VMware vSphere and one other VMware products (such as vSAN, vRealize Operations Manager, vRealize Automation, Horizon, Site Recovery Manager, VMware Cloud Services, NSX) and will continue to build strengths by learning from Solution Expert 's and other Technical Services personnel. The role, responsibilities, and geographical focus can change and develop over time.
- Provide pre-sales support to sales teams, partners and ultimately customers
- Deliver onsite and remote product and solution presentations and demonstrations
- Assist with the training of sales and VMware Partner personnel
- Continually learn and maintain current knowledge of complete VMware product set and be able to describe key features and benefits of each
- Develop and deliver responses to customer and prospect technical inquiries, including RFPs, RFIs, and initial architecture discussions
- Provide evaluations and proof-of-concept assistance to partners and customers
- Participate in SE discussion forums
- Document customer feature requests
- Assist product development in testing new products and provide feedback
- Keeps abreast of developments within the industry and the organization
- Establish positive working relationships – internal and external
- Account Executives (AEs)
- VMware Channel Partners
- Regional Sales Management
- Product Sales and SE Specialists
- Other VMware SEs
- Hands-on experience building and maintaining a virtual infrastructure in a production environment and/or experience in a systems management or cloud architecture role
- Experience troubleshooting system-level problems including server failure, OS tuning, and networking problems
- Strong IT infrastructure technical skills including x86 Server platforms, Windows Server and Linux operating system expertise, SAN / NAS storage technologies and TCP/IP networking
- Experience with enterprise applications, systems management, high-availability and/or backup solutions
- Pre-sales experience is not required but should have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team and customer-facing environment
- You should be a motivated, self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You possess exceptional organizational and planning skills and have the innate ability to multitask
- You have the ability to build and present high-quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
- Expert understanding of virtualization concepts and competitive positioning knowledge is critical
- Out of region/country travel is limited but required
We enjoy helping our people grow professionally as well as in our community. Our passionate and enthusiastic employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights and influence within the business landscape and beyond.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2102784