Sr. Technical Account Manager | Ottawa - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Ottawa,Ontario
***CLEARANCE: Secret Security Clearance Required***
***LOCATION: Candidates MUST live in/within driving distance of Ottawa***
Before you apply, ask yourself…
- Do you “live and breathe” the VMware core stack of products?
- Are your dreams filled with vSphere, ESXi, vRealize, vSAN, etc.?
- Do you have secret security clearance?
- Do you already have your VCP Certification (or could you get it within the next 90 days)?
- It would be a HUGE PLUS if candidates also have experience with either Virtual Cloud Networking (NSX) or Digital Workspace (Workspace One or Horizon)...do you have experience therein?
Sr. Technical Account Manager (TAM)
The TAM Program is critical to the global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) which influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their virtualization strategy and implementation. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning virtualized datacenter. The VMware PSO team includes Implementation/Managed Services, Project/Engagement Management, Education Services, Partner Management and Technical Account Management (TAM) Services.
As one of our Technical Account Managers (TAM), you will be responsible for building and maintaining post-sales relationships with VMware’s largest and most complex customers. These customers are typically Fortune 500 accounts adopting VMware virtualization software across their datacenters. You will serve as a project manager to ensure successful implementations and as an account manager to ensure that the customers serve as a positive reference and continue their standardization on VMware technology. Additionally, you will become the customer’s single point of contact into all of VMware. As such, your technical abilities are critical in identifying solutions, troubleshooting issues, and answering technical questions as they arise.
- Provide project leadership for the customer’s major VMware initiatives. This would include project management functions and solutions architecting functions
- Manage cross-functional VMware project teams, which could consist of VMware consultants, engineers, marketing, and support staff
- Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements using our server and desktop products, with assistance from our internal engineering group and consulting architects as required
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Manage and drive competing requests across simultaneous client engagements
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware Product Management teams based on customer requirements
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- Function as a front-line technical resource for “best practice” and informal customer questions
- Secret Security Clearance Required (Level II)
- Must have experience with VMware's core stack of products
- 8+ years experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant, preferably with a management consulting or “Big 5” consulting organization
- PLUS: Ideal candidate will have experience with either Virtual Cloud Networking (NSX) or Digital Workspace (Workspace One or Horizon)
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 30% regionally once COVID restrictions are lifted (NOTE: Most travel will be local from your home office to clients in greater Ottawa and within the nearby region, but there will likely be 3-4 conferences or training)
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- Strong technical background, with previous experience in Linux system administration and/or software development and technical architecture Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues
- Strong understanding of strategic sales process •Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Ability to interact and communicate with CxO-level personnel
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- B.S., B.A., or M.S. degree or equivalent
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
At VMware we have EPIC2 Values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community are what define us. Learn more about our values on our careers website: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/life-at-vmware.html. We want to hire epic people who enhance our diverse culture – people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward. In return, we offer the freedom to define and lead your future. VMware diversity: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/people-at-vmware.html
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Technical Account Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108894