To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
International Public Affairs Senior Consultant
Primary Location: ,
Additional Location(s): United Kingdom
International Public Affairs Senior Consultant
UK or EMEA Remote
Dell Technologies has a huge amount to say – on technology, on innovation, on business, on human progress and our Corporate Communications team makes sure those messages are heard. They are responsible for developing and driving global and regional communication strategies and delivering marketing services. Their expertise shapes the way Dell Technologies is seen – enhancing our reputation, brand and valuation on the global stage. Crucially, they enable us to build productive, positive and transformative relationships with colleagues, customers and the media. Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as an International Public Affairs Senior Consultant on our Marketing team in UK / EMEA.
The Dell Technologies Global Communications team is hiring an International Public Affairs Senior Consultant to oversee the company’s Public Affairs Communications in its International markets with a focus on the United Kingdom and European Union.
The successful candidate for this multi-faceted role will need to be proficient managing and executing multiple Communications disciplines including, Media Relations, Social Media, Executive Communications, light Content Development, and have comfort working in a highly matrixed environment. The successful individual will be able to motivate and build consensus across a diverse set of stakeholders and work collaboratively with regional and in-country PR teams to execute campaigns.
The role works closely with and advises Dell’s International Sales Leadership, International Government Affairs, Dell Corporate and Regional PR and Legal to develop Communications Strategies that amplify Dell’s reputation and community engagement programs.
The candidate must be comfortable working with Senior business executives, and government affairs and legal teams to ensure tight alignment on communications efforts and promote Dell’s interests globally. To succeed in this role, the candidate must have high judgment, creativity, writing and leadership skills. This role requires the individual experienced in working with globally, distributed teams. Finally, the role required someone who is a long- term thinker and can look around corners as well as ensures near term goals, milestones, and deliverables are smooth and timely.
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Develop and lead Public Affairs programs for Dell’s International business in some of the company’s most important markets working closely with the global team.
· Work closely with the PR teams in identified countries to develop strategies and media plans to promote and grow the business opportunities related to recovery spend.
· Partner with Government Affairs to ensure public sales teams receive business intelligence, tailored marketing material and content related to recovery funding.
· Manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with high judgment and professionalism.
· In partnership with the Government Affairs, Legal and Corporate PR teams help craft responses to pressing political situations which could affect Dell’s business
· Support the International policy, reputation and advocacy sales priorities partnering closely with International GA and the International sales leadership team
· Work closely with global executive and communications leadership to amplify Dell’s reputation and presence globally
· Understand key business drivers and competitive dynamics to position business interests successfully and timely with target groups across key markets.
· Achieve absolute understanding and mastery of plans and programs and to provide strategic communications counsel.
· Background in technology communications preferred.
· A degree in Communications, Public Relations, Political Science, Journalism, Marketing or a related field, along with 10- 15 years professional communications experience.
· The ideal candidate will have strong writing, editing, issue management, strategic planning, relationship-building, problem-solving and oral/written presentation skills.
· Candidate must be organized, enthusiastic, results oriented, innovative and able to deal with ambiguity and tight deadlines while working effectively in a team environment.
· Excellent verbal, written, presentation and conversational skills, especially storytelling, a must
· Experience producing and editing content for executive or sales team consumption
· This is an individual contributor role
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Closing date: September 30th, 2020.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
We are proud to offer a culture of Flexible Working at Dell, so don’t forget to ask our Recruiters about what this means for you.
If you require assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
#LI-GH1Job ID: R072129