Senior Infrastructure UI/UX Engineer (100% Remote),Remote - United Kingdom (All Other) 02/11/2020
Senior Consultant, IT Infrastructure
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Infrastructure/ Cloud Automation Engineer on our Infrastructure team. Join our global IT organization as we set out build a world class infrastructure cloud. Our team is dedicated to accelerating growth through industry leading solutions for aggressively scaling workloads.
In a lot of jobs the “cloud” is just someone else’s computer. As a Senior Infrastructure UI/UX Engineer you will be hands-on with the hardware, tools, code and services that make the cloud happen at global scale. You will be part of a team responsible for the design, implementation, and improvement of systems, services and processes that deploy, update, and maintain infrastructure supporting the Dell Digital cloud. In collaboration with platform engineering teams you will be responsible for ensuring that our operations are transparent, understandable and interactive vi UI tools that leverage multiple APIs and data sources.
- Evaluate existing and new tools and frameworks to support our UI/UX needs
- Design and develop tools and services to integrate existing products
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to augment API-driven processes with frontend tools and dashboards
- Mentor and provide peer review for team members and cross-functional colleagues
- Participate in ensuring system monitoring, alerting, and reporting is transparent and understandable including uptime, performance, capacity, and utilization
- Embrace documentation and demonstration
Required Skills & Experience
- Architecting solutions and designing UI/UX for new projects
- Reviewing, revising and enhancing existing code bases
- Full Software Development Lifecycle; agile management of frequent, iterative releases leveraging CI/CD pipelines
- Leading production frontend software efforts with multiple stakeholders including engineering, PMO, executives, sales and customers
- Experience with infrastructure management, capacity planning and monitoring/reporting related projects for large scale IaaS and/or Enterprise data centers
- Comfortable working in distributed, remote teams across multiple time zones a plus
- Familiarity working with containers and API driven services
- Hands-on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment - distributed systems, capacity planning, continuous deployment
- BA/BS in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience (advanced degrees preferred)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can help us use pricing to maximize sales and market penetration, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 28 Feb. 2020.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer and aim to ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
We are proud to offer a culture of Flexible Working at Dell, so don’t forget to ask our Recruiters about what this means for you.Job Family: Engineering Remote Job ID: R057827