Senior Advisor, Account Services Management
- Remote - Utah, United States
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Product Services team member?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Senior Advisor, Account Services Management
(Remote - USA)
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 150,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Advisor, Account Services Management.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Dell customers expect great things from both our products and our services. Account Services Management is all about managing and overseeing seamless service delivery processes. It’s a hugely varied field of work. Processes range from incident management to change management, from configuration management to customer management. The team makes sure disputes and technical issues are resolved. We also provide excellent communication to the customer around every activity – from the tactical to the strategic.
- Key member of the EMC Customer Service Team who supports our largest and most strategically important customers
- Assigned and responsible for a specific area, region, or division with site locations as specified in account service plan
- Build relationships within account(s) to become a support services trusted advisor focused on the total customer experience and satisfaction
- Leverage various EMC resources to ensure incident resolution, drive proactive activities promoting system health and customer satisfaction
- Provide detailed customer reporting using a cross section of services tools and applications
- Collaborate with EMC account teams to understand the business strategy and supports sales opportunities
- Responsible for the account management of multiple customers or sites with larger install bases
- Function as the single point-of-contact for service activities, educates the customer on EMC service delivery, tools and interfaces
- Communicate relevant service updates and recommendations to both internal & external customers to ensure a level of compliance and performance
- Collaborate with EMC resources and customer during escalations
- Leverage big data analysis to provide customer environment insight and uses data to build a compelling account plan and strategy
- Accountable for Change control management to ensure stability of environments
- Work with the customer to proactively identify and resolve potential issues to achieve high system availability
- Attend customer site frequently (at least two days per week) or as appropriate
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports to proactively inform customer of overall account status, including ongoing service activities, recommendations for further risk mitigation, updates on incident solution and progress of upgrades and enhancements
- Lead meetings with an executive level audience and articulates a forward thinking account plan
- Build and foster a broad network across the customer and across EMC
- Assist with and participates in project work
- Assist in ensuring accuracy of service maintenance contracts billing
- Builds key relationships and effective networks
- Ability to influence cross functionally and in a matrix environment
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Complex problem solving
- Bachelors (Non – Technical)
- EMC Proven Professional Certification (desired)
- ITIL Foundation (desired)
- 8+ years relevant experience (customer facing, large accounts, industry related) with a Bachelor’s Degree; 6+ years related experience with a Master’s Degree; 3+ years related experience with a PhD; or equivalent experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to get to the heart of ground-breaking products and champion innovation as an expert, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job Family: Product-Services Services Job ID: R043314
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.