Senior Engineer, Technical Support
Primary Location: Remote - Utah, United States
Senior Technical Support Engineer
At Dell Technologies, world-class service doesn’t end when a customer purchases our innovative products. Our Technical Support team is there for them whenever they need help – by phone or email, online and on social media. No matter how complex the challenge, we rise to it. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell Technologies products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
Join us as a Senior Engineer on our Product Services team in Remote Utah to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be truly rewarded working with some very high profile and strategic customers and partners globally. Join Dell Technologies and you will work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates.
Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals. The Senior Engineer position is to provide support for Dell Technologies, ECS Division. Customers represent a broad range of Enterprise, Government and Vertical markets. Support cases are opened through multiple channels and support is provided through multiple means including phone, email and online channels. The successful candidate will have excellent customer relations, communication, problem identification and troubleshooting skills. The candidate will have a strong technical background in multiple technical areas detailed below.
- Apply advanced technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic procedures to resolve standard to complex level issues; identifies documents and escalates customer issues to senior resources.
- Identify and interprets interoperability and support matrixes; identifies reviews, creates and delivers timely and highly focused training programs and/or serviceability enhancements within the Field and Remote technical support departments.
- Maintain a “closed-loop" communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status.
- Be responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolutions; lead efforts in facilitating problem re-creation and failure analysis systems level issues.
- Contribute to centralized problem identification and resolution databases; may have senior level tasks similar to Engineering for assigned product and skills and assist junior engineers on complex cases and elevated engagements.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree or the additional equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of two or more of the following; VMware (vSAN, vSphere, VCF, NSX), Linux, Enterprise Networking (Dell Networking, Cisco), Backup/Archiving knowledge, Engineering-level certifications, such as: CCNA/CCIE, VCP, VCAP, RHCE
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Analytical ability, communication skills and detail oriented.
- Vendor management skills.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Coding skills
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R097008