Senior Solution Engineer (Tanzu Observability) - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Vienna,Austria
In Swahili, ’tanzu’ means the growing branch of a tree. In Japanese, ’tansu’ refers to a modular form of cabinetry. At VMware, Tanzu represents our growing portfolio of solutions to help you build, run and manage modern apps. We help customers develop cloud-native apps and maintain existing apps side-by-side, on the same enterprise-grade platform.
You have expertise in changing the software development lifecycle and want to be part of the next wave of cloud-native applications. You have extensive knowledge of the software development landscape to help the sales and field engineering teams to propose the most optimal solutions for our customers. You also have the desire and ability to travel within your assigned territory. Above all, you have a customer-focused mindset and are a hands-on technical expert to support the sales activities in your region.
VMware has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries build, run, and manage software better. We are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Experience one or more monitoring or observability systems/platforms; Prometheus, Graphite, OpenTSDB, Grafana, DataDog, Nagios, SignalFx, etc.
- Understanding of logging storage and aggregations systems; Splunk, vRealize LogInsight, Scalyr, Sumo Logic, etc.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Pays attention to cloud infrastructure trends and best practices
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture' and offer solutions to make it better
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Experience delivering software or providing operations on a Unix/Linux platform
- Periodic travel as needed
Desired Skills / Experiences - Application Architecture
- Prior technical pre-sales experience
- Experience working in a modern SRE or DevOps support culture
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Good *nix, Win, and other OS admin skills
- Experience in IT operations with one or more of the following: vSphere, AWS, GCP, Azure or OpenStack
- Prior experience presenting to application development technology leaders
- Experience in software development, including one or more of the following languages, systems, and frameworks such as .Net, Java (Spring is a plus), Go, Python
- Data transformation or pipelining experience
- Understanding of RDBMS systems, NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark and others
- Working understanding of modern software build tools including Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, and Bundler
- Fluent in French or German + English
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
This position is eligible for JoinTeamTanzu referral campaign
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-26
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2100726