To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Federal Programs Services Sales Executive
Primary Location: ,
Washington, DC, District of Columbia, United States
Federal Programs Services Account Executive
[Remote – Virginia (COUNTY - Alexandria, Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William) and greater Washington D.C. area]
Dell Technologies provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 130,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Services Account Executive – Federal Programs on our Dell Technologies Services (DTS) sales team.
Dell Technologies is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The Services Account Executive - FederalPrograms is an outside Solution Sales Specialist role with an expertise in selling outcomes to our Federal customer segment. The role is responsible for growing Dell Technologies penetration of the DTS portfolio of Professional services (Consulting, Deployment, Support, Managed, Education) within the Federal government. The SAE works closely with many different Dell Technologies sales team members to identify, qualify, propose and close DTS business opportunities – Spanning all aspects of the Dell Technologies (including VMWare) Hardware and Software solutions portfolio. The SAE role is a strategic, high impact individual contributor role and should be viewed as the Services Sales leader within assigned geography.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Sells Client and Enterprise services both directly and indirectly (through Channel/System Integrators) to the Federal Government…with a focus related government “Programs”
- Utilize Consultative Sales approach to position Dell Technologies as Business Partner to both Customers and Channel Partners
- Collaborate with Business Development and Capture teams to move a services opportunity from qualification to closure
- Analyze reporting to uncover and pursue hardware services attach opportunities
- Work closely with internal Dell Technologies hardware, software, and channel sellers to provide solutions to our joint customer base
- Establish criteria to qualify deals; conduct initial assessment if a deal is qualified; and perform periodic internal checkpoints to help mature deal content
- US Citizenship
- Experience selling to, with and through Federal Government Systems Integrators (SI)
- Experience selling into Federal Government “Programs”
- 12+ years of relevant experience in multiple industries, consulting services offerings or IT infrastructure functional areas
- 8+ years of solution sales experience at a Tier 1 IT Solutions Provider selling large, multi-year, multi-service, or complex service contracts or on-going consulting project services
- Experience identifying, developing, and managing relationships at the senior executive and CXO levels…demonstrating knowledge of both the business and personal factors that influence decisions at these levels
- Possess the industry, technology, and client knowledge necessary to develop a creative, differentiating solution
- Need to be able to challenge established practices diplomatically and take necessary risks to achieve these differentiating solutions
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to get to the heart of ground-breaking products and champion innovation as an expert, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.