Sales Development Representative
Primary Location: Waltham,MA
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for VMWare Carbon Black’s sales organization. This is accomplished through outbound calling and e-mailing. With plenty of leads provided, the Sales Development Representative qualifies and sets up initial presentations for the sales team within the territory assigned. There is not a high degree of technical knowledge required for this position. This position lays the foundation for a successful high tech sales career. There is a path for career growth within VMWare Carbon Black for the right candidate that is willing to learn and work toward that goal.
What You’ll Do
First three - six months
- Learn the VMWare Carbon Black products and messaging
- Learn the tools necessary to be successful: CRM, scripts, WebEx, product info
- Build relationships with your Inside, Field, and Sales Engineering counterparts
- Leverage any opportunity you can to learn the market and the business
- Learn how to navigate through the organization to get what you need
- Consistently meet goals for Initial presentation setup
Six to eighteen months
- Continue to build on your core skills and product/Industry knowledge
- Know what it takes to meet or exceed your goals and maintain the momentum to do so
- Begin to expand your knowledge of Inside Sales duties and responsibilities
- Work with mentors to set goals for yourself to gain consideration for promotion
What You’ll Bring
- Goal-oriented, passionate, high-energy professional
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess the drive to succeed and to participate in the growth of an exciting, fast-paced company
- Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Prospecting and cold calling skills a plus
- Experience in lead generation in the high-tech software industry a plus
- Attention to detail
We currently have openings in both Waltham, MA and Boulder, CO.
Due to the Covid 19 pandemic this position is temporarily a work from home location until further notice.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Inside Sales
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-04
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2008176