Senior Software Engineer Release Engineering - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Waltham,MA
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for two consecutive years.
Things here might be exciting, fun, and challenging, but it doesn’t mean we don’t make time to elevate our careers. With a leadership team that values our people, our employees are given tons of tools to take their careers to the next level. Where will you take yours?
Why You Matter
The Release Engineering group plays a pivotal role in the Engineering team. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will help take the existing team to the next level providing a reliable, performant, and flexible environment. You will be involved with the build process for all products and help to ensure that they are built quickly and dependably. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and gain experience with cutting-edge tools and technologies.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage programming skills to fully automate all Release Engineering processes
- Research, evaluate and select new tools, and apply these tools to the RE infrastructure
- Develop, enhance, and redesign build scripts and other aspects of the build system
- Maintain, manage and improve a complex, highly secure build environment
- Collaborate across product engineering teams to provide release engineering services
- Deploy products and infrastructure to AWS
What You’ll Bring
- 5 to 7 years of Release or Software Engineering experience
- Experience with Mac, Linux and Windows System Administration
- Experience with Subversion, GitLab, GitLab CI Runners, Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines and Artifactory
- Experience with multiple scripting languages; Shell scripting, Python, and Groovy
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm Charts, Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with ReviewBoard, Coverity, Bullseye, Black Duck or Veracode is a plus
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-27
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2103485