To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Consulting Architect - End User Computing
Primary Location: Warsaw,
The global VMware Professional Services team influence the success of each VMware implementation. The Professional Services (PS) team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. The PS team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning solution.
As a Consulting Architect, you acquire intimate knowledge of the customers’ business, its strategic goals and the specific requirements of a project. You will be demonstrating the technical abilities of the consulting team you lead, and drive a solution that assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes. You are a solution level subject matter expert with broad knowledge across the VMware technology stack and of 3rd party integrated products. In addition to customer facing delivery, Consulting Architects also provide key input to pre-sales on complex multi-discipline bids and drive best practices.
VMware Professional Services are committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest Software-Defined Datacenter or Digital Workspace technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey.
We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification.
Work for the global leader in cloud infrastructure and virtualization solutions
- You will take ownership of business outcomes of projects, lead technical project teams and take accountability for all project deliverables.
- Contribute to strategic plan working with sales, pre-sales and the customer to build out a delivery roadmap.
- Articulate solution design, integrating both technical and business concepts, and present a transformational journey to project stakeholders.
- Work with Project Managers to create project plans with realistic work stream timelines
- Confidently gather use case requirements and creation of high and low-level enterprise designs while functioning as a resource for “Best Practices” and driving adoption of VMware solutions.
- Ensure the solution being delivered is fit for purpose, referencing the initial business goals and objectives of the project through strong project governance
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line and future product direction and expert level knowledge of the core VMware product line and your specialist area
- Actively demonstrate commercial awareness and stay within the scope of the contracted work.
- Assist in the development of our consulting service offerings as well as developing white papers and best practices
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
- Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a Professional Services architect or consultant.
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to communicate complex technical topics to a technical and non-technical audience.
- An active listener with excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with an ability to utilises different styles of questioning techniques and manage conflict in order to achieve a resolution
- Strong Technical understanding in at least one of the following:
- End User Operating Systems – Win10, Mac OS, Chrome, Linux, IOS, Android
- Enterprise Mobility/Unified Endpoint management platforms
- Virtual Desktop/Application delivery and management platforms
- Identity Management and Access platforms
- Cloud Hosting platforms – AWS, Azure, SoftLayer, VMC, VCF
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Technologies covering Networking, SQL Databases, Windows / Linux Servers, Email Servers, Directory Services, Web Servers, and API Integrations.
- Broad technical understanding across VMware Virtualization, Networking, Cloud and Mobility products/technologies.
- Fluency in local language and English. German language skills are a benefit for this position.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Certification and Education
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Currently holds VMware Desktop & Mobility VCP 6.x / 7.x / 2019 certification and ideally holds VMware VCAP/VCIX certifications
Desirable skills and experience
- A broad range of vSphere and NSX or vRealize design experience in medium to large environments
- Project governance experience and familiarity with PRINCE2, PMP or TOGAF frameworks
- Practical knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
- Mobile Device Management (AirWatch/Good/XenApp)
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-07-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2009432