Director of Sales, T-Mobile - Seattle, WA
Primary Location: United States
Dell Technologies Select, Director of Sales – Telecom Business Systems
Do you thrive in a complex, highly collaborative technology sales environment? Do you strive to sell for a consistent industry leader? If this is you, then “Think Dell Technologies!”
Dell Technologies comprises a group of strategically aligned businesses (Dell, DellEMC, Pivotal, Secureworks and VMware) focused on helping customers transform their business and IT to compete and win in the digital economy. Dell Technologies Select (DT Select) is a global organization uniquely organized to deliver business outcomes to some of the most well-known and complex enterprises while building long-term, trusted relationships with clients. DT Select accomplishes this through specialized business and technical experts focused on partnering with customers to explore transformational change via best-in-class technology, services and solutions from Dell Technologies.
The Sales Director will be the trusted advisor to CIO’s/Senior Decision Makers on an identified Dell Technologies Select account. In lock step with the Dell Technologies Architect and the Client Principal, the Sales Director will translate the customers’ business needs into opportunities that are best supported through the Dell Technologies family of businesses. This role will be responsible for orchestrating the short and long term strategic approach for the customer and collaboratively harness and manage all necessary resources to achieve customer and Dell Technologies objectives.
What is exciting about this opportunity?
Specific to the newly created Dell Technologies Select Telecommunications sales team. You will team with top sales talent across the business units of Dell Technologies to satisfy the needs of strategic clients in the Telecommunication/Networking/Wireless vertical market. This role is manage Dell Technologies’ relationship with T-Mobile.
This position requires an accomplished, hands-on, strategic account sales leader with a track record of outstanding sales and operational results within the high technology sector. In addition, the Sales Director must thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess an excellent relationship-building style.
Client’s Trusted Advisor
- Assigned to a specific DT Select account that requires global execution and has the highest complexity and strategic importance to Dell Technologies.
- Ability to identify and validate customer priorities, business drivers, and outcomes
- Single focal point for all Dell Technologies activities; client education of Dell Technologies solutions and organizational developments
- Ability to translate business needs into Dell Technologies solutions and be able to position associated value add and business impact
- Must be able to anticipates customer needs beyond existing scope of products and services to discover opportunities to position the total value of the Dell Technologies portfolio across the strategically aligned businesses (Dell, DellEMC, Pivotal, RSA, Secureworks, Virtustream, VMware)
Trusted Advisor for your Team
- Operate as if you are the CEO of a $100MM+ publicly traded company
- Serve as the lead to the global account team and lead activities of all aligned resources to ensure compliance with tactical and strategic objectives.
- Responsible for managing and inspecting the business across the 7 strategically aligned businesses including all financial forecasting and performance.
- Responsible for managing and enhancing the executive sponsor relationship for your client by keeping your executive sponsor informed about key priorities and critical concerns coming from your client
- Works with strategically aligned business partners to develop, execute and communicate overall global account strategy to all constituents; communicates organizational and functional strategy and translates it into goals.
- Ability to implement standardized sales processes, pricing, contracting, support across all 7 SABs making it easier for your client to do business with Dell Technologies
- Excellent communication skills inclusive of executive communications and presentations; comfortable selling to all levels of an organization including extensive experience in the “C” suite
- Practical understanding of virtualization, big-data, security, data storage, private cloud and hyper-converged solutions, as well as the solution’s value when mapped to an account’s business needs
- Ability to quickly articulate the value of Dell Technologies Select
- Build and manage a high performing team around a common goal or vision that can execute a complex, highly matrixed sales strategy in a very competitive market.
- Strong technical acumen and the ability to align customer business challenges to the Dell Technologies portfolio and the desired business outcomes they can achieve
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Existing/active relationships at the Executive-level within Telus
- Typically requires 15+ years of successful technology selling experience in a similar market
- Generally requires a Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred, equivalent experience accepted
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
From developing brand new accounts to driving expansion across existing accounts, our Direct Sales team transforms opportunity into action every day. Whether focusing on a geographical area, product line, industry, channel or market segment, their goal is the same: to develop relationships with the end-users of the organization and generate meaningful sales. They are the direct line between our ground-breaking portfolio of product solutions and the desks of satisfied customers.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Read the full Employment Opportunity Policyhere.
Job ID: R077050