Senior Engineer, Service Delivery
Primary Location: Seattle, Washington
Remote - California, United States (Bay Area); Remote - Idaho, United States; Remote - Oregon, United States; Remote - Washington, United States
Dell Services is growing, and we are looking for professionals to grow with us. We provide a complete end-to-end suite of products, services, and support for our customers. Dell is looking for the right people to build out our planning and field services team.
The planning and field services team plans and delivers solutions to customers utilizing the latest networking, compute(server), and hyper-converged Infrastructure (HCI) products and services. They provide configuration, installation of firmware/hardware, and best practices across all of Dell’s product lines. This team plans, directs, and coordinates the organizational/technical activities required for the delivery of the services to ensure that technical solutions meet contract specifications. The team builds in-depth knowledge of clients' priorities, challenges, and initiatives to become a trusted advisor.
Join us as a Senior Engineer on our Professional Services team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Service Delivery Engineer, you will provide world-class delivery support to our customers by building an in-depth knowledge of our customers’ priorities and initiatives and becoming a trusted advisor that avoids customer impact and facilitates continuous improvement. You will identify potential sales and growth opportunities and will partner with key stakeholders to maximize these prospects.
• Plan and deploy advanced hardware/software data center solutions.
• Be an advisor in key technology areas including compute, storage, and networking.
• Evangelize established organizational common practices and delivery methodologies.
Take the first step towards your dream career.
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Proven experience with Hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V, AHV), Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, SAN including iSCSI and Fiber Channel, FCoE, Windows, and Linux. VCP is required or the ability to obtain certification within one year of employment. Proven experience with implementing, designing, and troubleshooting networking standards from vendors such as Dell, Cisco, and Brocade. CCNA is required or the ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Experience with data migration, replication, methodologies, and tools.
- Travel frequently to customer sites to install, configure and troubleshoot equipment and complete solution services ( 75% travel required; mostly local). Ability to lift/carry weight up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at different stages of completion. Strong communication skills are needed to update, inform and influence project outcomes. Ability to comprehend the installation Statement of Services sold and articulate the service deliverables of the project to the customer.
- Ensure accurate project documentation is recorded and timely communication/updates provided to all relevant stakeholders. Consistently provides excellent customer experience. Efficient use of Dell systems, tools and applications to coordinate and schedule appointments.
- Prior employment in the telco industry.
- CCNP or equivalent preferred.
- Familiarity with cloud-based solutions, operations, and vendors.
- Familiarity with Dell products such as Powerstore.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.Job ID: R094065