Senior Solutions Engineer - North Carolina - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Raleigh,North Carolina
Winston Salem,North Carolina,USA; Charlotte,North Carolina,USA;
Now is the time to join the most exciting company in Modern Apps, Cloud, and Anywhere Workspace, serving customers in State & Local Government, and Education (SLED). In SLED, we serve those who serve others.
In just a few years, the pace of change has increased dramatically. Due to global events, governments and schools have had to race to drive digital transformation capable of flexible computing models, consistent user experiences, and superior trust. This affects how they engage their constituents and students, and no longer can we reliably depend on monolithic, heavily instrumented, on-premise applications. Instead, computing today requires a broad, multi-channel strategy that spans on-premise clouds and multiple cloud service providers. While not forsaking legacy applications, doing it right requires longevity and experience, the very kind that VMware has.
VMware solves these Cloud Generation problems with a comprehensive portfolio of integrated solutions. The platform comprises a wide range of products and services, covering many of the capabilities required by exceptional IT operators and developers. VMware earns its seat at the table because of this broad set of capabilities. IT executives can't help but pay attention to the innovations that VMware brings.
Essential to our customer's success is the role of the sales engineer.
As a VMware Solution Engineer (SE), you will play a substantial role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the enterprise adoption of VMware solutions and exceeding our revenue goals. Additionally, you will work closely with sales and extended teams to build business relationships and align with customers' outcomes. You will craft a strong franchise with the account executive you map to, running the business as though you are executive leaders of a small company. You will learn and maintain subject matter expertise across VMware technologies, industry domains, and salesmanship. Your role will be impactful, visible, and rewarding.
At VMware, we have the right strategy at the right time. We're a growing, highly profitable company; increasingly rare among our peers. We benefit from insightful leadership that will carry us well into the future. We consistently place in Forbes' Best 100 Companies to Work For. We have a strong culture of diversity and inclusion, and we'd love for you to be at VMware too.
Location: North Carolina metros- Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh, Fayetteville.
This is a home office-based position and may require periodic travel throughout the state and occasional travel within the US
Travel: up to 50 %
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with field sales team to collaborate on customer solutions.
- Understand the customer's business objectives, match VMware, and Other Partner solutions to achieve the customer's business and technical requirements.
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted adviser for customers across all lines of business.
- Continuously develop and expand the knowledge of customers' business and mission. Create and present solutions that address customers' needs using the VMware portfolio along with third-party solutions.
- Present VMware value proposition, vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management, technical engineers, and partners.
- Work with customers to obtain technical validation of proposed solution, and build high-level drawings.
- Assist with financial and infrastructure data collection and creation of customer ROI/TCO reports.
- Assist with preparation of proposals, statements of work, and supporting documents for customers.
- Identify new customer projects for VMware solutions, and participate in demand generating events and activities.
- Provide consistent field reporting and data input via Salesforce.com
- 8 or more years of experience in information technology (IT).
- Pre-sales or customer-facing experience with strong relationship-building skills.
- Experience in positioning/selling Professional Services as part of Solution Selling.
- Ability to comprehend and stay current in the latest VMware and partner technologies.
- Ability to effectively present to audiences and adjust to the level of role and understanding.
- Ability to uncover business challenges and objectives and develop a documented custom solution to tackle those challenges.
- A balanced infrastructure and software engineering background.
- Ability to create and effectively communicate business cases and justifications to partners.
- BA/BS required with Masters preferred.
- VCP or equivalent VMware hands-on experience preferred.
- Experience in State, Local Government, and Education (SLED) market preferred.
- Experience with IT consolidation and technology integration projects, including VMware technology and 3rd party API integration in a cloud-native setting.
- Experience with public cloud or hybrid cloud services is highly desirable.
VMware, is an EPIC2 community (read about our values and our journey on our career page: https://careers.vmware.com/life-at-vmware). We have been listed on Fortune's 100 Best Places to Work several times. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally and personally. Our employees are passionate and enthusiastic, and they come to work every day to help transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one where everyone is inspired to achieve success on their own terms. If you think that this position and our culture are right for you, we would love to hear from you.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2111732