Primary Location: BGR
We are looking for experienced Product Designer to join our global design team to partner with Tanzu Observability by Wavefront. In this role, you will research, collate and synthesize user needs to help conceive, define, test and evolve solutions for our users across a range of mediums and experiences. You will be partnering with the observability group where you will help drive Observability and Reliability outcomes for our customers. You will be part of a highly collaborative group of creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation. In this role you will collaborate with cross-functional product teams across the globe, to create experiences for challenging problems around cloud computing.
Our customers buy VMware Tanzu to quickly deploy that value to their customers via a secure, automated platform backed by enterprise-level support. Observability is the investment that provides customers with confidence in that choice. Your portfolio will show that you've worked on challenging projects across all steps of the design process: research, prototyping, and Data Visualization Design best practices. In addition, you will be expected to:
- Closely collaborate with the product management and engineering teams to identify product goals and vision.
- Partner with user experience researchers to talk directly with customers to understand the user needs, goals and motivations.
- Conceptualize and define a design strategy that supports customer needs and business goals. Provide detailed end-end workflows and user flows illustrating the solution.
- Closely collaborate with a geographically spread design team to co-design while ensuring consistency across the suite of products and services.
- Advocate user needs throughout the development lifecycle in an agile/iterative environment to ensure problem-solution fit.
- Verify and improve on designs through reviews, validations and formal usability testing with end users.
- Become a subject matter expert with the ability to understand the latest architecture, technology, solution, market trends, as well as competitive offerings related to cloud computing.
- Expert skills defining and analyzing user flows and workflows.
- Expert skills in interaction design with a grasp of UCD process.
- Story telling - ability to tell simple user stories illustrating solutions.
- Strong leader and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Agile, adaptable, and capable of delivering new products and features.
- Possess a very high level of comfort in working with developers in the presentation layer (for example, HTML, CSS).
- Experience in working with tools such as Sketch, OmniGraffle and Figma
- Experience with user research is a plus.
- Good aesthetic sense will be helpful.
- Strong prototyping skills desired.
- Online portfolio.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Design, HCI or related field from reputed design institutes.
- 4+ years of experience in user experience and interaction design for complex web applications or services.
- Strong background in user-centered design principles across desktop, mobile, and web platforms.
- Proven track record for designing large-scale web-based applications.
- Experience with designing SaaS services is a plus.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme and additional long-term incentives.
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals.
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication.
- Work-life balance – 20 working days paid vacation, 5 days company paid sick leave, regular team buildings and celebrations.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. VMware is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: User Experience
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-12
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2015553