Senior Product Line Manager, Tanzu Observability - Management and Advanced Technology Solutions - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Bangalore
The Tanzu Observability team at VMware is seeking a Senior Product Line Manager to help drive the next generation of monitoring that will advance our mission of making Observability a mainstay at every enterprise.
You will play a pivotal role in working with the senior engineers in shaping and packaging a number of innovative patent-pending capabilities to address the customer use cases and market needs, collaborate with other Tanzu teams to deliver integrated experiences across the portfolio, communicating our roadmap to internal and external stakeholders, and understand our customers deeply.
The team is fast-paced, operates in a startup-like environment where you will have the opportunity to grow a well-established business many fold.
Working on observability solutions, you’ll be responsible for bringing together our existing features with some of our innovative capabilities to address the needs of Developers, Site Reliability Engineers (SRE), and Operations Teams. Tanzu Observability is a critical element of the VMware Tanzu Portfolio and your impact will help define the next generation of monitoring and observability tools while enabling some of the leading organizations in the world to monitor the mission-critical workloads and services they consume. You’ll have the opportunity to work on various new technologies from new data types to using machine learning to reduce the Mean-Time-To-problem-Detection (MTTD). You’ll collaborate with other teams at VMware and the Tanzu portfolio to deliver integrated product experiences.
- Understand user needs and translate those to compelling product capabilities
- You will research, synthesize and document various technical innovations that are underway, identify a set of hypotheses on how these projects will address customer use cases and needs.
- You will work closely with teams within VMware and the Tanzu portfolio to identify joint product experiences.
- You will conduct ongoing market research on innovation trends in the observability and monitoring space. You will use this to influence the portfolio and direction of the innovation projects that the team undertakes.
- You will work with customer success and sales to identify design partner customers and validate the hypotheses.
- You will work closely with engineering, design, and information experience teams, define product requirements, and drive end to end execution based on successful validation of the hypotheses.
- You will collaborate with customer field teams and go-to-market teams to provide product enablement.
- You will lead customer engagements to receive feedback and incorporate the feedback into actionable requirements. You will monitor and track customer requests and identify opportunities to utilize the new capabilities to address their needs.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- At least 16+ years of product management experience handling Cloud services/Saas products.
- Strong experience working with cross functional teams and ability to work with engineering teams and effectively manage products
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme and additional long-term incentives.
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals.
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Work-life balance – generous paid time off, regular team buildings and celebrations.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. VMware is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
This position is eligible for TanzuChallenge referral campaign
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-12
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2015255