Associate Systems Engineer – Infrastructure Solutions
Primary Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Associate Systems Engineer – Infrastructure Solutions
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We drive the development and implementation of sophisticated and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
Join us as a Associate Systems Engineer on our Presales team in Zurich to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
Are you looking for a customer facing, technical role in a leading technology company where you are offered a fast track training and development path? Then we might have just the right job for you.
We are currently seeking a driven and ambitious Associate Systems Engineer that contributes to ‘Get the Technical Win’ in the sales cycle (presales), by providing technical knowledge in a convincing manner to ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need. You will join a presales team that focuses on full Data Center solutions across areas such as Storage, Virtualization, Data Protection and Cloud for Acquisition accounts.
This is a hybrid Inside Sales Systems Engineering role based in the office in Zurich with regular client visits (under normal, non-COVID circumstances). You work closely with hybrid Inside Sales Account Managers and manage internal as well as external stakeholders, so strong communication and interpersonal skills is key. The position reports to the NextGen Presales Manager based in Paris, France.
• Work collaboratively with the sales teams to define Dell solutions for customers and make presentations on all aspects of the company's portfolio
• Qualify sales opportunities based on customers' technical requirements, competition and funding
• Prepare and present detailed designs and product specifications to customers and management to sell high-end product and solutions
• Align with other sales engineers, leaders or multi-functional technical groups to ensure consistent approach and application
• Verify compatibility of product and service solutions within the customer’s environment
Training and development provided, include:
• Onboarding training, product and solution training and workshops
•Dell and third-party professional qualifications
•Continuous development of System Engineering skillset
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline
• Experience in a technical IT role, e.g. as network or systems administrator, and understanding of storage (SAN and/or NAS), Backup and Recovery and Virtualization (VMware and Hyper-V )
• Experience in a Customer facing role, excellent communication and presentation skills
• Proactive collaborative and solution-oriented attitude
• Native (CH) German and excellent English language skills
• Strong understanding of infrastructure, cloud and client solutions; Information Storage Management (ISM) and/or Dell EMC Proven Professional Certification.
• Knowledge of Dell EMC products such as Unity, PMAX, Isilon, Avamar and Data Domain.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30 April 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R085876