Network Design Infrastructure Design and Management Jobs
Location: Plano, TX
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Network Design Senior Advisor to join our team in Plano, Texas.
This role will be part of the Infrastructure Engineering team supporting a large enterprise account in the Travel and Hospitality industry. This position will be a Senior Advisor on the account’s network engineering team. This position will need to collaborate closely with network engineers, architects, network support staff, application solution owners and project managers on both the Dell and customer team. Key responsibilities include implementing network engineering projects such as network upgrades, migrations, design and deployment of new application solutions.
- Execute network engineering initiatives
- Designs, recommends and/or implements new or revised system software, utilities and automated processes as necessary
- Act as a technical lead on projects and execute tasks as well as provide regular status updates
- Provide innovative recommendations to the customer that helps them define the network engineering improvements/roadmaps associated with the solutions we support
- Collaborate with Dell and customer team members
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations on future changes
- Act as a mentor for other engineers on the team and help train other network team members
- Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco routing and switching
- In-depth knowledge of F5 Big IP load balancers, Cisco and CheckPoint firewalls
- Detailed understanding of industry monitoring tools
- Experience creating technical documentation
- High degree of self-motivation required, and must be able to work independently and as a team member
- On-call duties
- Travel and hospitality industry experience
- Experience improving network performance for mission critical transition intensive applications
- Cisco Certified Network Professional and Cisco Certified Design Professional preferred.
- PCI and experience with other industry security related topics
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity PolicyEqual Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 15000LLP
What keeps you here at Dell? "The people, the challenge and the overall Dell culture."
Dell has given me such a great opportunity to accelerate my career while growing my family, and I am thankful every day to work for an employer that allows me to do both.
What keeps you here at Dell?
Oliver: I get to be involved. If you have an interest in something, chances are Dell will allow you to work on it.
To check your application status and job cart, click here.My Status