Privacy Notice FAQs
Dell Technologies Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates (as identified to you during your application process), (“Dell,” “we,” or “us”) is the company that is recruiting for the job vacancy you have applied for. Dell will process your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement and will be responsible for complying with applicable data protection laws.
Dell respects your privacy and will treat your personal information as confidential. We will use and share your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
When you apply for a job at Dell, we will ask you to provide us with personal information about yourself so we can evaluate your application. If this information is not provided, our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited. You may also provide us with your personal information that we have not specifically requested (for example, your CV may contain information about your hobbies and social preferences). All information is provided on a voluntarily basis and you determine the extent of information that you provide to Dell.
The kind of personal information we collect about you may include:
Sensitive Personal Information
Dell does usually not request or require sensitive personal information regarding religion, health, sexual orientation or political affiliation in connection with your application. If you have a disability and would like for us to consider an accommodation, you may provide that information during the recruitment process.
For some countries, Dell may also ask for information such as race, ethnicity or gender for the purposes of monitoring equal opportunity and to help Dell achieve our corporate Social Impact 2030 Goal on Diversity and Inclusion. However, for the purposes of your application this information is voluntary. If you provide us with this information, it will not be considered in the hiring or selection process. To the extent that you provide us with sensitive personal information (race, gender, ethnicity, political opinions or beliefs, membership of a trade union or political party, physical or mental health information, sexual orientation or information related to criminal convictions or offences), you expressly authorize Dell to handle such information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Information from other third parties
From time to time, we may obtain information about you from public sources or third parties. For example, we may conduct background screenings through a third-party service provider and verify information that you have in your application that relates to your past education, employment, credit and/or criminal history, as allowed by applicable law. You may also choose to provide us with access to certain personal information stored by third parties such as job-related social media sites (for example, LinkedIn). By authorizing Dell to have access to this information, you agree that Dell may collect, store and use this information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We may also obtain and share information through our affiliated companies and group of businesses including Dell, Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, SecureWorks, Virtustream and VMware.
Dell will use your personal information for the following purposes:
1. Recruitment, selection, evaluation and appointment of job candidates (temporary or permanent) for the job you have applied for and for subsequent job opportunities.
2. General HR administration and management (in case you become a Dell employee).
3. Carrying out satisfaction surveys (for example, to manage and improve the recruitment process).
4. Application analysis such as verification of your employment reference(s) that you have provided, background checks and related assessments.
5. Compliance with corporate governance and legal requirements (for example, to monitor diversity requirements).
6. Communicate with you and to inform you of current status of your application and future opportunities (unless you have told us that you do not want us to keep your information for such purposes).
Dell may also process your personal data in relation to your application for data and statistical analysis. We may deploy specific technologies for the purposes of enabling certain global-level recruiting analysis and diversity monitoring with your consent where permitted by applicable law, to comply with legal requirements or in Dell’s legitimate interests. Dell does not make any automated decisions in relation to your application without human involvement.
We take care to share your personal information only with those who really need it in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to third parties with a legitimate business need. We may disclose your personal information to the following types of third parties:
Other Dell group companies
Your personal information may be shared for the purposes described above with other companies within Dell. A list of other companies within Dell is available on our online privacy statement on our website.
Third party service providers
We may also share your personal information with third parties who provide services to us such as recruitment agencies, consultants, background services and attorneys. If your personal information is shared in this way, Dell do so only on a “need-to-know” basis and we will seek to ensure it is only used in connection with the functions or services these parties will be performing for Dell and that your personal information is treated by them in a confidential manner. These service providers that Dell uses may change depending on the Dell entity that employs you and may change over time but we will always seek to ensure that any third parties who handle your personal information will do so in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement and in accordance with applicable law.
Other third parties
1. As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including in order to respond to a lawful government request, court order, administrative or judicial process (such as a subpoena or search warrant).
2. As necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
3. As necessary to protect your vital interests (for example, we may need to share your personal information with third parties in the event of an emergency).
4. Where we have otherwise obtained your consent.
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area and Switzerland (“EEA”), our legal basis for our collecting and processing of your personal information is as follows:
1. Dell’s legitimate interests, namely the recruitment, selection, evaluation and appointment of new employees and the management and administration of the recruitment and HR process, to the extent these activities do not prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
2. Compliance with Dell’s legal obligations where employment law or other laws require the processing of your personal information (for example to the extent the law requires the monitoring equality of opportunity and diversity).
3. Other legal grounds where applicable such as in your vital interests (for example, health and safety reasons if you attend an interview at our site) and agreements with employee representations (such as Works Councils).
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement and in accordance with Dell’s retention policy and applicable law. If you want to learn more please reach out to HR_GDPR@dell.com.
We process your personal information in the local country where you submitted your application and through our global recruitment platform. This will involve transferring your personal information, including personal information collected in the EEA and Switzerland, to the US and other countries. Our parent company, Dell, Inc. may host these servers or utilize third party service providers, but in either case we will be responsible for the secure access of personal information. .
We may transfer your personal information to other companies within Dell which are outside your country of residence (and which may have a different level of data protection to your home country such as Dell Inc. in the United States and Dell in India for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. In order to provide adequate protection of your personal information, we have in place contractual arrangements (where appropriate) with our group companies which cover these transfers and we will take all reasonable measures to safeguard your information whenever it is transferred. For example, Dell group members have implemented an International Transfer of Data Agreement that incorporate the European Commission's Standard Contractual Clauses, that enables group members located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to transfer your personal information to group members who are located outside of the EEA in compliance with EEA data protection laws.
We maintain (and require our service providers) to maintain appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any personal information we process. If you have any questions on the security measures that we use to secure your personal information, you may contact us at email@example.com.
You are responsible for the information you provide to Dell and that it is honest, truthful, accurate and not misleading in any way. If you provide information concerning any other person such as individuals you provide as references, you are responsible for providing any notices and ensuring your referee consents to Dell collecting and processing that information as described in this Privacy Statement.
In the European Economic Area and some other countries, you may have certain rights available to you under applicable data protection laws which may include the right to:
1. Access: you have the right to request information about how we process your personal data and obtain a copy of that personal data
2. Rectification: you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate personal information about you and for any incomplete personal information about you to be completed
3. Objection: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests (as described above)
4. Erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of your personal information
5. Automated decision-making: you have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing, including profiling if that decision produces legal effects about you or significantly affects you. Dell does not, as part of its recruitment process, make solely automated decisions about candidates
6. Restriction: you have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your personal information, so that we no longer process that information until the restriction is lifted
7. Portability: you have the right to receive your personal information, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another controller in certain circumstances.
Additional information for applicants in the EEA
You retain the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that Dell has infringed your rights under applicable data protection legislation. You can find a list of the European supervisory authorities here.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights or if you have any questions about these rights, please contact our Privacy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will only use your personal information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. However, we reserve the right to change the terms of this Privacy Statement at any time by posting revisions to our website. If at any time, we decide to use your personal information in a manner that is different from that stated at the- time it was collected, you will be given notice.
Please contact Dell if you have privacy questions or concerns, or wish to make a complaint by sending an email to email@example.com.
You may also contact the Data Protection Officer if you are in Germany:
Dipl. jur. Tanja Schuchmann
SPIE GmbH Unternehmensgruppe, Zentrale
Lyoner Straße 9