Inside Sales Account Managers
As an Inside Sales Account Manager, you will start out learning the tricks of the trade. With several levels of progression paired with account sets of varying complexity, there’s only room for growth. From there, the possibilities are endless: you could advance into roles such as an Inside Sales Manager, leading our team to success, or a Coach where you mentor and provide support to Inside Sales Account Managers. Explore this career path and have your work reach new heights.
Inside Sales Roles
The sales coach assists in the development of skills, competencies and behaviours of aligned inside sales reps to help them meet their revenue goals and customer experience objectives. The sales coach will review content being delivered to the inside sales team and will assist in hosting enablement sessions in conjunction with marketing, brand teams, and aligned business units. The coach will also assist in the onboarding of new hires, improving their time to ramp.
- Build, maintain and deliver the following:
- New Hire Trainee / Associate Inside Sales Representative / Inside Sales Representative Training Plans
- Sales and technical content
- Dell EMC core messages
- Training, developing and coaching New Hires and Inside Sales Reps
- Provide coaching and feedback to New Hires and Reps during trainings,role plays, etc.
- Shorten the sales cycle by focusing the customer on core problems and solutions
- Collaborate with both theater and global Inside Sales development teams as well as the Inside Sales management team
Inside Sales Manager
The Inside Sales Manager will lead the recruitment, training and development and day to day management of the Inside Sales Account Manager team. He/She will also be responsible for developing their own skill sets surrounding technology foundations, Dell EMC solutions knowledge, sales and soft skills.
- Leads recruitment activity to bring the best talent to the team
- Delivers ongoing sales, business, and technical training to increase team’s effectiveness and individual’s readiness to advance their career in Sales.
- Coaches and develops their team on an ongoing basis (call monitoring,messaging)
- Manages the team to identify and qualify massive incremental opportunity
- Manages the team to deliver on all other KPIs
- Enforces utilization of Salesforce.com to track all sales activities.
Inside Sales Manager Responsibilities:
Inside Sales Director
Manages a team of Inside Sales Managers, while driving strategy and setting priorities for the team. He/She is also responsible for the training and development of Sales Managers and will serve as a mentor/coach for Regional Sales Managers.
- Manages a team or multiple teams of Inside Sales Managers
- Trains and develops Sales Managers, and mentors Regional Sales Managers
- Sets focus for inside team and helps set focus of vertical/business
- Drives focus with cross-business functions and business process improvement efforts
- Advanced understanding of complexities of the environment and works internally to solve complex business issues
- Partners with Marketing to increase segment sales growth and expand market share
- May need to handle customer escalations ensuring resolution of the issues by driving the best customer experience
Inside Sales Director Responsibilities:
Hear From The Team
1. Inside Sales Representative , Public sector (18 months)
Started career in Dell as an Inside Sales Account Manager . Covered own territory & handled approx. 15 accounts. Was selling KACE products to customers in addition to the other Dell products . Member of the Public sector of Sweden.
2. Outside Sales Specialist (2 years)
Asked to join the Dell Software group as a Nordics Sales Specialist for KACE covering all Nordic countries, travelling and meeting customers face to face to present & sell the product. Worked & interacted with a lot of Channel Partners and was approached to join the Channel team in Sweden.
3. Partner Account Manager (4,5 Years)
Joined the Channel Sales team in Sweden as a Partner Account Manager. Handled around 10 different partners. For the last year, have been the account manager for one of the largest Dell’s partner in Sweden. Arranged a lot of partner sales training and enablement during this time.
4. Sales Coach, Medium Business Acquisition team (Sep 2018)
Joined the Inside Sales Medium Business team in Sweden as a Sales coach. Working mainly on developing the medium business reps within the Acquisition segment & training them on all the products and arranging focus weeks. Completed the coach training.
Training and Development
Dell Technologies Sales University (DTSU) is an end-to-end learning and development framework customized to help you achieve your unique career goals at all stages of your sales career. Whether you are a recent graduate or experienced sales professional, Dell Technologies Sales University will help you get up-to-speed in your role quickly, help you develop and master your role, and help you prepare for new career opportunities.
Start Your Sales Career Here
Sales Academy is the entry point to start your journey in technology sales with a best-in-class on boarding and training program. Start here to build amazing relationships while learning the essential skills that lead to lasting success in your sales career.
Next Gen Sales
Next Gen Sales is an accelerated sales program that provides the business knowledge and immersive training needed for aspiring future sales leaders at Dell Technologies. Next Gen Sales is your career trajectory to a sales profession in field sales or sales management.
Come Join Our Team
We are currently hiring in our Medium Business segment within Sales in all of our regions. This area of sales allows you to form close relationships with the customers you serve and accelerates your learning of the skills that will drive you towards success throughout the rest of your career. Dell’s end-to-end solutions portfolio is one of the strongest on the market and positions you for success in not only meeting your customers’ needs, but exceeding their expectations. Medium Business allows you to choose from a wide variety of roles and paths to shape a career path that is the perfect fit for your unique strengths and interests. Click below to see available opportunities, or take our quiz to help determine what sales path might be good for you.
Internal Candidates: Search for Career & Development opportunities within the MyHR portal.